Saturday 4 March 2017

Hina Matsuri!

Today was the 16th annual Hina Matsuri - a celebration of Japanese culture held in Glasgow's West End. Since I love everything about Japan (one day... one day I will get there! Even if I have to get a job with a fishing rod manufacturer in Wishaw...) I was keen to go along and learn more. There was traditional Taiko drumming...



Origami....



Japanese Kanji...




And what better to follow a truly Japanese experience? Huevos Rancheros, of course! Big up to Vinyard 28 (soon to be new joint - The Parlour - watch this space) for the yummy brunch.


I also popped by one of my favourite shops in the West End, Wendy's Hoose, to stock up on the deliciously scented soy candles. Banana bried is the best!


On the Japanese theme, I have started reading Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. Book review to follow! 


Happy Saturday, all.

No comments :

Post a Comment